“I always wanted my entire estate to be devoted to causes and programs that I have care about. I found in the FGM the ideal organization to manage my funds according to my wishes and my philanthropic objectives. Through my fund, I also wish to perpetuate the memory of an exceptional, extraordinary woman, my mother, Margueriet (Margo) Duchastel de Montrouge-Bisaillon. Throughout her life, she fully participated in the life of Montreal. She was a person of unconditional support, love and generosity.”
– Lynne Paule Bisaillon
If you want to leave your mark or pass on values that you hold dear without affecting your present financial situation, a planned gift can meet your expectations and allow you or your loved ones to enjoy interesting tax benefits.
There are several ways to make a planned gift:
- Legacy Donation: a fixed amount, movable or immovable assets, a percentage of your inheritance, or a residuary bequest.
- Stock Exchange Securities: a donation that results in significant tax benefits.
- Life Insurance: an excellent way to make a substantial donation.
- Other: Trust, RRSPs, RRIFs, movable or immovable assets, artwork, etc.
For more information about different types of planned giving,
contact Hélène Latreille, Director Major Gifts and Planned Giving
- By phone: 514 866-0808 ext. 106
- By email: email@example.com
All information requests are confidential and without obligation on your behalf.
“My practice as a professional investment advisor naturally attracted me to philanthropy. The FGM offered me with a financial framework that is credible and human. The transparency of its governance gave me great confidence. Uniting a strong management team with expert committees, the FGM has been very attentive to my long term charitable needs.
The François Desmarais Foundation Fund was therefore established in order to add value to the gifts of stock that has appreciated in order to finance eligible organizations working in five sectors.”
– François Desmarais