Subject: Mécénat Musica Program to encourage cultural philanthropy
As part of Montreal’s 375th anniversary and Canada’s 150th anniversary, the Foundation of Greater Montreal (FGM) is pleased to announce the launch component 2 of the Fondation Mécénat Musica’s private matching grant program for cultural organizations to encourage cultural philanthropy with the FGM.
To be eligible for this program your cultural organization must meet the following 5 criteria:
- Be a registered charity with Canada Revenue Agency that operates in the province of Québec;
- Must have created or will create an in-perpetuity endowment fund with the Foundation of Greater Montreal;
- Be eligible to # 1 component of the Mécénat Placements Culture program (Ministère de la Culture et des Communications du Québec);
- Have already received support from “Endowment Incentives” component of Canada Cultural Investment Fund’s program (Canadian Heritage) in a previous year;
- Accept the conditions of eligibility established by Fondation Mécénat Musica and sign the form. Click on the following link to learn more about those conditions:
- The organization must accept that its name be mentioned in Mécénat Musica’s brochure and accept to distribute the brochure.
- The organization must agree to transmit the account statements of its fund to Fondation Mécénat Musica, or authorize the FGM to transmit them on its behalf, on a semi-annual basis for the year following the creation of the fund.
- If the cultural organization deposits two (2) donations of $ 25,000* in its in-perpetuity endowment fund with the FGM, Fondation Mécénat Musica will distribute a matching grant of $ 25,000 to the organization's fund.
- Both donations must come from two different donors (individuals): (The net cost to an individual of a contribution of $25,000 after personal tax credits can be $6,750 due, among other credits, to an additional tax credit from Revenue Quebec for one large cultural donation, a cultural tax credit which can only be claimed by the donor once in his or her lifetime, until December 31, 2017. After tax cost assumes the individual is a Quebec resident and has sufficient taxable income to absorb the donation tax credits.) http://www.cqff.com/liens/dons_culture_qc.pdf
- A cultural organization may participate twice in the 2017 program, all components combined. If an organization participates twice, a total of four (4) donations of $ 25,000 from four (4) different individuals must be obtained in order to obtain a maximum of two (2) matching grants of $ 25,000.
- - Matching grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis (deposits of donations to the in-perpetuity endowment fund and compliance with criteria).
For more information, please visit Fondation Mécénat Musica’s website: www.MecenatMusica.com,
and contact Marie-Pier Lépine: 514-866-0808, ext. 110, or by email: email@example.com