Placement Réussite program: information session
The Foundation of Greater Montréal is giving an information session on the new Placement Réussite Program launched by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement Supérieur as part of the Plan pour la réussite en éducation et en enseignement supérieur. The meeting will take place on Friday, January 19 at 10 am, at the Centre of Sustainable Development – Sainte-Catherine room. It will be presented by Mrs Nathalie Parenteau, Executive Director of Financing, Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement Supérieur, and M. Yvan Gauthier, President and CEO of the FGM. Attendance is free on charge but a subscription is required. Note that the meeting will also be streaming live on both the Foundation’s website and Facebook page.
The Placement Réussite Program
To encourage charities to obtain financing from the private sector and, to support their initiatives regarding school perseverance and academic achievement, an annual budget of $4 million has been earmarked for the 2017–2018 and 2018–2019 financial years.
Financial aid given under the program will match the funds the RC raises from individuals, businesses or private foundations.
The Placement Réussite program is for charities that are registered with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and are involved in preschool, elementary and secondary education.
The following organizations are also eligible:
- any public foundation exclusively tied to a charity that meets the program’s eligibility criteria; and
- any public foundation created to raise funds for a group of charities that meet the program’s eligibility criteria.
The following registered charities are not eligible:
- charities associated with a school board or private educational institution in Quebec;
- charities that have received or are waiting to receive financial aid under the Placements Sports or Mécénat Placements Culture programs or any other government program that matches funds raised.
How the financial aid is calculated
The matching financial aid granted under the program will be equal to 200% of the donations collected from individuals, businesses or private foundations during fundraisers held by the registered charity.
The donations submitted to the Ministère must be between $10,000 and $50,000.
To be eligible, charities must respect the rules and standards listed in the program’s guide. They must namely:
- be recognized by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur’s Ministre de l’Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport as being involved in preschool, elementary and secondary education;
- be established and carry out its activities in Quebec;
- have directors residing in Quebec; and
- be related to a non-profit organization that has been incorporated for at least two years.
Period of receipt
February 1, 2018 - February 20, 2018
End of program
March 31, 2019
A press release concerning the launching of the program was published by the office of the Ministère de l'Éducation et de l'Enseignement Supérieur
To launch or continue a philanthropic initiative with the FGM under this program, contact Charlène Petit by phone (514)866-0808 #104 or by email:email@example.com